Brazil’s Answer for Beautiful Skin
Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream
As we get older, our skin seems to revolt in some manner or another. It can become more sensitive, itchy, patchy, irritated, red. Mine has become increasingly dry, therefore, I’m always looking for ways to address the problem.
Some of the things that are important to me when considering a body cream:
- How well does it moisturize?
- It is greasy?
- Does it leave a film on my hands after application?
- Is it sticky?
- What’s the consistency like, is it too thick or too thin?
- Does it smell good?
- Is it tested on animals?
- Does it contain chemicals, etc. that are bad for you?
Doctors and friends have recommended a plethora of creams and lotions. I’ve used products I’ve read about in reviews and articles, I’ve purchased remedies I learned about from print and television advertising, but one of the best products I’ve found, I stumbled upon in the store. Let’s talk Brazilian Bum Bum Cream.
This perfectly thick, rich cream was developed in Brazil and utilizes ingredients that are indigenous to the Amazon rain forest. Cupuaçu Butter, Açai, and Coconut Oil make up a trifecta of skincare to tackle a world of skin woes. Even better, here’s what it doesn’t contain:
- phthalates (chemicals used as a binding agents in personal care products, they’ve been linked to MANY health problems from birth defect to diabetes)
- parabens (chemicals use as preservatives in many personal care and cosmetic products, also connected to a variety of health problems)
- animal by-products
- propylene glycol (can be an irritant in humans)
- synthetic colors
- petrolatum (high amounts of this petroleum by-product has been linked to breast cancer, premature aging, and is thought to inhibit the body’s inherent moisturizing system)
Made in the US by Brazilian company Sol de Janeiro, Bum Bum Cream is ideal for use in both hot and cold weather. It brings a nice non-greasy balance to skin in the summer, when overall dryness isn’t as much of an issue, then comes on full force in the winter when artificial heat works its awful effects against us.
Its delicious caramel pistachio scent is light and refreshing, but doesn’t compete with fragrance you may wear. This cream soaks immediately into your skin. Don’t be stingy when applying to your elbows and knees!
No greasy residue left behind, and it’s not sticky or tacky. You’ll have a nice, smooth application.
If you’re interested, you can read more about Brazilian Bum Bum Cream at Sol de Janeiro’s website. If you would like to read some additional reviews, you can do that at Makeup Alley, Amazon, and Sephora.
*Please note: Makeup Alley is a website devoted to reviewing cosmetic, beauty, and personal care products. To move around in it, you will need to join. Membership is free.
As this is on the higher end of body creams I personally use, I rotate this with other body creams so it lasts longer.
You can buy Sol de Janeiro’s Brazilian Bum Bum Cream in 2.5 oz and 8.1 oz sizes at Sephora, or put your zip code in here to find a store near you. If you prefer to order online, you can do that at Amazon.
Have you ever used Bum Bum Cream? What did you think about it?
Let me know about your favorite luxury body cream in the comments.